- Handbag Brand Replaces Leather with Pineapple Leaves to Go Vegan November 9, 2019British brand The Original Satchel Store recently became an all vegan company by replacing leather with Piñatex—a pineapple fiber-based vegan leather. The company operated for eight years using “ethical” British leather but after several team members encountered the inherent cruelty in the leather industry, The Original Satchel Store began looking for vegan alternatives. “From the […]
- Beloved NYC Vegan Restaurant Candle 79 Closes After 16 Years November 8, 2019Beloved New York City vegan restaurant Candle 79 will close its doors on December 31, 2019 due to real estate developments in Manhattan’s Upper East Side neighborhood. “It is with great sadness and immense gratitude to you all that we share this news,” the restaurant announced on Facebook. Bart Potenza and his partner Joy Pierson—who […]
- Shhh! Wendy’s Quietly Adds Plant-Based Burger to Its Menu in Canada November 8, 2019Fast-food chain Wendy’s quietly debuted a new vegan-friendly Plantiful Burger at locations in Canada. The chain has yet to make a formal announcement or add the new burger to its website, however, outdoor advertisements of the menu item have been spotted at locations in the Toronto area with the slogan “Where’s the beef? Not here.” […]
- Las Vegas Gets Its First All-Vegan Supermarket November 8, 2019All-vegan supermarket Veg-In-Out Market recently opened in Las Vegas, NV. The store offers a wide selection of popular vegan brands and local favorites ranging from frozen, refrigerated, canned, and packaged foods, plus major brands such as Beyond Meat, JUST, and Gardein. It also features a large selection of vegan junk food such as candy bars, […]
- Appalachian State University Adds Vegan Dining Station, Doubles Sales November 8, 2019New all-vegan food station Terra Verde at North Carolina’s Appalachian State University is generating double the sales of its predecessor, Healthy Select—which offered animal-based meals along with vegan and vegetarian options. At the beginning of this school year, the university made a move to focus specifically on healthier fare, including making meatless options more prominent […]
- Pop Star Kesha Launches Vegan Makeup Line November 8, 2019On December 3, new vegan brand Kesha Rose Beauty will debut on Hipdot.com. The brand was created by pop star Kesha (previously known as “Ke$ha”) and will feature an eyeshadow palette ($36) with 12 “celestial” hues, liquid eyeliner ($28), and lipstick/lipgloss duos ($26) in shades named after songs on her upcoming album High Road scheduled […]
- Vegan Cheese Brand Miyoko’s Aims to Convert California Dairy Farm Into Plant-Based Facility November 8, 2019This week, vegan brand Miyoko’s Creamery announced its intent to convert a California dairy farm into a research and development facility for plant-based products. Miyoko’s will provide funding, expertise, and a contractual agreement to support the selected farm in transitioning into a facility that produces new and existing Miyoko’s cheese and butter products. Dairy farmers […]
A mild, spicy soup for all seasons, heart-warming for the colder months, fresh and tangy for the warmer ones. Full of fresh, crunchy plant-based goodness and so simple and easy to make!
See full recipe down below.
Visit my other pages:
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/honeyandmyrrh/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Honey-and-myrrh-825565881140669/
(serves 3 – 4 persons)
This soup requires that the vegetables stay fresh, a little firm and crunchy and is ideally served immediately to retain the firm texture of the ingredients.
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 inch ginger root, peeled, finely chopped/grated
1 stalk lemon grass, finely chopped (stiff tips and woody outer layer removed)
2 cups broccoli florets
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 red paprika, chopped
2 cups button mushrooms, chopped
A handful green asparagus stalks, chopped in 1 ½ inch pieces
1 liter vegetable stock
400 ml coconut milk
2-3 tsp red curry paste (vegan)
200-250 g firm tofu, cut in cubes
1-2 tbsp tamari sauce (or soy sauce), season to taste
A handful of snow peas, halved or into thirds
2-3 spring onions, chopped
Juice of one lime
½ cup fresh coriander, chopped roughly
Garden cress and fresh coriander to serve (or fresh mint and/or bean sprouts)
Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a pot. Add the garlic, ginger and lemon grass and sauté for a minute to release the flavor.
Add the broccoli, sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the zucchini and paprika, sauté for 1-2 minutes before adding the button mushrooms, cooking these for 1 minute or so (the brown variety will take a little longer to cook). Add the asparagus, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Add the vegetable stock and stir, leaving the mixture to simmer for a minute before adding the coconut milk followed by the red curry paste. Stir to melt and blend the paste. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes before adding the tofu, followed by the tamari sauce and snow peas.
Simmer for 1-2 minutes max. before adding the spring onions. As soon as you add the spring onions, switch off the pot. Now you can add the fresh lime and coriander.
Serve with some garden cress and fresh coriander on top (or fresh mint leaves and/or bean sprouts).