- Handbag Brand Replaces Leather with Pineapple Leaves to Go Vegan November 9, 2019British brand The Original Satchel Store recently became an all vegan company by replacing leather with Piñatex—a pineapple fiber-based vegan leather. The company operated for eight years using “ethical” British leather but after several team members encountered the inherent cruelty in the leather industry, The Original Satchel Store began looking for vegan alternatives. “From the […]
- Beloved NYC Vegan Restaurant Candle 79 Closes After 16 Years November 8, 2019Beloved New York City vegan restaurant Candle 79 will close its doors on December 31, 2019 due to real estate developments in Manhattan’s Upper East Side neighborhood. “It is with great sadness and immense gratitude to you all that we share this news,” the restaurant announced on Facebook. Bart Potenza and his partner Joy Pierson—who […]
- Shhh! Wendy’s Quietly Adds Plant-Based Burger to Its Menu in Canada November 8, 2019Fast-food chain Wendy’s quietly debuted a new vegan-friendly Plantiful Burger at locations in Canada. The chain has yet to make a formal announcement or add the new burger to its website, however, outdoor advertisements of the menu item have been spotted at locations in the Toronto area with the slogan “Where’s the beef? Not here.” […]
- Las Vegas Gets Its First All-Vegan Supermarket November 8, 2019All-vegan supermarket Veg-In-Out Market recently opened in Las Vegas, NV. The store offers a wide selection of popular vegan brands and local favorites ranging from frozen, refrigerated, canned, and packaged foods, plus major brands such as Beyond Meat, JUST, and Gardein. It also features a large selection of vegan junk food such as candy bars, […]
- Appalachian State University Adds Vegan Dining Station, Doubles Sales November 8, 2019New all-vegan food station Terra Verde at North Carolina’s Appalachian State University is generating double the sales of its predecessor, Healthy Select—which offered animal-based meals along with vegan and vegetarian options. At the beginning of this school year, the university made a move to focus specifically on healthier fare, including making meatless options more prominent […]
- Pop Star Kesha Launches Vegan Makeup Line November 8, 2019On December 3, new vegan brand Kesha Rose Beauty will debut on Hipdot.com. The brand was created by pop star Kesha (previously known as “Ke$ha”) and will feature an eyeshadow palette ($36) with 12 “celestial” hues, liquid eyeliner ($28), and lipstick/lipgloss duos ($26) in shades named after songs on her upcoming album High Road scheduled […]
- Vegan Cheese Brand Miyoko’s Aims to Convert California Dairy Farm Into Plant-Based Facility November 8, 2019This week, vegan brand Miyoko’s Creamery announced its intent to convert a California dairy farm into a research and development facility for plant-based products. Miyoko’s will provide funding, expertise, and a contractual agreement to support the selected farm in transitioning into a facility that produces new and existing Miyoko’s cheese and butter products. Dairy farmers […]
I’m introducing Indian curry with deep-fried tofu. Collecting spices needs a bit effort but you can buy in any supermarkets and even in 100 shops in Japan. If you get theses spices, you can cook tasty Indian curry without effort. They can be used for many other dishes so please collect the spices and try this recipe.
* 1 ½ tbsp turmeric
*1 ½ tbsp cumin
*1 ½ tbsp garam masala
*1 ½ tbsp coriander
*1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
2 bay leaves
1 clove of garlic
1 clove of ginger
2 packs of deep-fried tofu
2 tbsp coconut oil
How to cook
1 Chop onions and tomatoes, and grate girlic and ginger.
2 Cut deep-fried tofu into dice pirces.
3 Put coconut oil in a frying pan and fry bay leaves.
4 Cook the onion until the colour turns golden brown.
5 Add the girlic and ginger and continue cooking.
6 Add the tomatoes and salt,then cook more.
7 Add spices with * mark.
8 Cook until the spices are aromatic, then add the deep-fried tofu.
9 Add water for your preferred thickness, and simmer a bit more then the dish is finished.