- British Vegan Brand Meatless Farm Makes US Restaurant Menu Debut November 11, 2019United Kingdom-based vegan company The Meatless Farm Co. recently launched its meatless products at New York City restaurant Pomodoro Rosso. The Italian restaurant in Manhattan’s Upper West Side neighborhood is the first to feature Meatless Farm’s products on a restaurant menu in the United States. The brand will be featured as part of Pomodoro Rosso’s […]
- UK Coffee Giant Drops Surcharge on Vegan Milk November 11, 2019United Kingdom-based coffee chain Costa Coffee recently dropped its surcharge for plant-based milk at participating locations for the Christmas season. Until January 1, 2020, customers will be able to customize their beverage with almond, coconut, or soy milk for no additional charge. Previously, the chain was charging £0.45 ($0.58) for vegan milk options. “We are […]
- A Canadian Company Wants to Keep You Warm This Winter With Corn-Stuffed, Down-Free Parkas November 10, 2019This month, Canadian apparel company BOÏDA unveiled its newest winter coat: the VEGAGOOZ. The vegan winter parka is made with a blend of corn-based fibers and reinforced with special patent-pending layers. The company created the down-free parka as an alternative to popular Canadian brands such as North Face that sell parkas made with goose down—a […]
- Four School Districts in Brazil Are Going Vegan, Thanks to One Woman November 10, 2019Four municipalities in rural Brazil are going vegan because of one activist: Leticia Baird, a prosecutor in the Bahia state public ministry. In an effort to spark change for more environmentally friendly and healthier eating, Baird is working to serve only plant-based meals to the area’s more than 33,000 students. “To preserve the environment for […]
- Handbag Brand Replaces Leather with Pineapple Leaves to Go Vegan November 9, 2019British brand The Original Satchel Store recently became an all vegan company by replacing leather with Piñatex—a pineapple fiber-based vegan leather. The company operated for eight years using “ethical” British leather but after several team members encountered the inherent cruelty in the leather industry, The Original Satchel Store began looking for vegan alternatives. “From the […]
- Beloved NYC Vegan Restaurant Candle 79 Closes After 16 Years November 8, 2019Beloved New York City vegan restaurant Candle 79 will close its doors on December 31, 2019 due to real estate developments in Manhattan’s Upper East Side neighborhood. “It is with great sadness and immense gratitude to you all that we share this news,” the restaurant announced on Facebook. Bart Potenza and his partner Joy Pierson—who […]
- Shhh! Wendy’s Quietly Adds Plant-Based Burger to Its Menu in Canada November 8, 2019Fast-food chain Wendy’s quietly debuted a new vegan-friendly Plantiful Burger at locations in Canada. The chain has yet to make a formal announcement or add the new burger to its website, however, outdoor advertisements of the menu item have been spotted at locations in the Toronto area with the slogan “Where’s the beef? Not here.” […]
This Vegan Red Curry Peanut Noodle recipe was so quick and easy to make. The recipe is by Purple Carrot. It’s with crispy bok choy and lime garlic nuts. Well my bok choy wasn’t crispy 😜 I don’t like cooking with oil, but tonight I gave it a shot and honestly, it didn’t need any oil. It still wasn’t crispy. I’m not sure how to make the stems crispy without the leaves wilting away 😂 also their recipe said to cook the garlic and peanuts together in oil – at first I didn’t use oil, just water, but then I realized the garlic wouldn’t cook right since I already added the nuts – my advice, cook the garlic first and then add the nuts. Anyway the recipe was very tasty, but next time I’d add more veggies for sure. Probably some carrots and eggplant. Hope you enjoyed this video. Please don’t forget to subscribe!