- The Herbivorous Butcher Enters Into “Vegan Butcher” Trademark Dispute with Nestlé November 18, 2019Sibling-owned vegan shop The Herbivorous Butcher is in the midst of a trademark battle with food corporation Nestlé USA. In August 2017, The Herbivorous Butcher attempted to register the trademark “Vegan Butcher” with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Shortly after the USPTO denied The Herbivorous Butcher the trademark—citing that the term was […]
- New Restaurant Hungry Angelina to Bring Vegan Comfort Food to Southern California November 18, 2019In mid-December, renowned vegan chef Matthew Kenney will open his newest vegan restaurant concept, Hungry Angelina, in Long Beach, CA. The 2600-square-foot space will be the third California-based concept of Kenny’s popular and extensive dining brand and will be located alongside a 45,000 square-foot Whole Foods Market store. With a diverse menu, Hungry Angelina will […]
- 16,000-Square Foot Plant-Based Food Innovation Lab Opens in North Carolina November 18, 2019This month, the The NC Food Innovation Lab (NCFIL) officially opened in North Carolina as a 16,000-square foot research and development facility focused entirely on plant-based foods. The facility will support a variety of companies—from established multinational brands to startups to equipment manufacturers—in their endeavors to develop plant-based products in North Carolina, a state where […]
- Ohio’s Dayton Mall Gets Its First Vegan Restaurant November 18, 2019Vegan restaurant That’s Soul Vegan recently opened in the food court of the Dayton Mall in Dayton, OH. Taking over the former space of Taco Bell, the new vendor is the first and only vegan eatery in the shopping mall. Owned by Ashaki Daugherty and Jose Estremera, That’s Soul Vegan offers a diverse menu of […]
- Report: Meat Companies Are Officially the World’s Biggest Water Polluters November 18, 2019The meat industry poses one of the most significant threats to our global water supply, according to a new report by sustainability nonprofit organization Ceres. The 2019 edition of the benchmarking report Feeding Ourselves Thirsty takes a close look at how 40 of the largest food companies manage water risk in their operations and global […]
- Dirt Candy Owner Opens ‘Made-From-Scratch’ Veggie Burger Shop in NYC November 17, 2019On November 19, new vegan shop Lekka Burger will open in the Tribeca neighborhood in New York City. The new burger shop—founded by Amanda Cohen (owner of vegetarian fine-dining restaurant Dirt Candy) and South African-born humanitarian Andrea Kerzner—will focus on made-from-scratch veggie burgers inspired by global flavors. “There’s definitely room for the Impossible and Beyond […]
- You Can Now Order Two Pounds of Vegan Mac and Cheese for the Holidays November 16, 2019In time for the holidays, chef Ayinde Howell recently made his popular Mac & Yease (vegan mac and cheese) available for nationwide delivery. A two-pound family pack costs $19.99 plus shipping and can be ordered online for delivery or ordered from Whole Foods Markets in the Southern Pacific region for pick-up. Howell—the former personal chef […]
Try these 3 delicious sauces that will make your healthy food taste AMAZING! You probably have most of these ingredients already in your kitchen so there’s no excuse for bland vegan food anymore!
I like to make my own sauces because many store bought sauces are full of oil, sugar, salt and not much else. When you learn how to make your own you never run out and will have an infinite amount of choice for flavours. Today I share 3 of my favourites.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments section! Recipes are down below. Thanks for watching!
Quick Lemon Tahini
4 heaping tbsp tahini
1 lemon (juice)
1 tbsp maple syrup (or date)
1 tbsp spicy brown mustard (or whatever mustard you have)
1/3 cup warm water
Salt/Pepper to taste
Whisk or blend until smooth
Carrot Ginger Turmeric
7 small carrots (2 1/4 cups chopped)
1 thumb sized chunk of ginger
1 pinky finger sized chunk of turmeric root (powder will work too)
2 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp sesame seeds (roasted, see video for instructions)
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves
6 tbsp rice vinegar
1 3/4 cup water
Blend on high until smooth
*Might be best with a high speed blender. Try cutting carrot up small if your blender has a hard time blending.
Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 heaping tsp onion powder
1 heaping tsp garlic powder (or fresh)
3/4 cup water
Salt/Pepper to taste
Blend on high until smooth
MY VEGAN RECIPE EBOOK🍍
FREE EASY VEGAN MEAL PLANNER📝
SIMNETT NUTRITION MERCH👕
VIVO LIFE PROTEIN POWDER (DEREK10 for 10% off – new customers!)
USE MY VIVO AFFILIATE LINKS BELOW TO SUPPORT ME
UK/EU/CANADA STORE: https://bit.ly/2S7uROo
USA STORE: https://bit.ly/2Tm3RIp
• INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/simnettnutrition
• FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/simnettnutrition
WANT TO SEND ME SOMETHING TO TRY?
PO Box 413 Parksville
Parksville, BC, Canada V9P2G5
HERE ARE THINGS I USE & LOVE (CAMERA, FITNESS & KITCHEN GEAR, SUPPLEMENTS):
WHO AM I?
I am Derek Simnett, a Certified Nutritional Practitioner.
I love calisthenics and making good food!
Check out my 2 year transformation: https://youtu.be/MUYqG3zEldc